2nd – 10th November 2019
This nationwide relay will take place over the course of 8 days between 2nd to 10th November 2019. 200 runners will attempt to accomplish a collective distance of 2,000km across the island within 200 hours.
RELAY MAJULAH ROUTE
A NEED FOR ACTION
Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time. It is a threat to the preservation of life, with impacts capable of undermining the ability of countries to achieve Social Development Goals.
Children Now is of the firm conviction that thought leaders around the world have a compelling obligation and duty to urgently address these climate change challenges. It is out of this realization that Children Now decided to organize this symposium which will bring together global thought leaders. It is expected that practical and actionable initiatives will be developed from the symposium proceedings.
A MISSION AND VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The vision for the symposium is a healthy planet earth that can sustain life, especially human life, in perpetuity.
The mission is to develop youth leadership for climate action and inspire every human being to participate in protecting the environment.
The symposium aims to address:
- The need to encourage and maintain human behavior which is consistent with environmental conservation efforts.
- Suggest and encourage actions which are supportive and sensitive to the preservation of life in general.
- Support consumption and livelihood patterns which are sensitive, respective and supportive to the future generations.
- Outline areas in which governments, academia and other stakeholders can engage in placing the concerns of the youth and children at the center of environmental conservation efforts. A possibility of a pilot program to inculcate youth and children into a culture that is sympathetic and sensitive to environmental conservation issues could form a part of the discussion. It will be a unique opportunity to share the knowledge, increase the awareness and deepen the discussion on climate change issues.
Overall topics that will be discussed throughout the duration of the symposium include:
- Climate change and action - a global scenario
- Adapting to climate change - solutions and best practices
- Barriers to implementing climate change solutions
- Government policies and individual actions
- Education and corporate social responsibility
- Developing a climate action plan and charter of responsibilities
- Food and agriculture
- Resilient communities
SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM AND SCHEDULE
Download the Youth Leadership and Climate Action Symposium Program and Schedule (PDF format):